Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Well , I logged on to orkut after a while today ..and as usual a lot of
hi wassup
hey how are you doing
howz life man
kinda scraps. I have never ever replied to any of these and I still wonder how some of my contacts (even the saner types !) prefer to reach out this way. Social networking for me , is still challenging .
I chose to (prefer to ) not share much of my daily updates , life in general with the rest of the world..and scraps/photo comments etc are most necessary when there is a reason ..Like an old friend's birthday and I am not able to dig up his/her email id..So a scrap comes to the rescue. I seriously want to know , how exactly can one reply to the above kind of messages , without the very very obvious ..
I am fine , life is the same , howz u
:|
Unless of course you have something genuine to share. In my case , if that is the thing I would go the email way , much more personal than a public scrap.
For me , being in touch does not necessarily mean regular wassup scraps or photo comments , it is being able to relate to the other person in a very close way , without distances posing a threat. Just like that , narrating all that happened in a day you are very worked up , knowing that the other person is going to say something to cheer you up.
Well , personal opinion again.
Something else that got me quite in a thinking mode is the attitude of some people who will go to any extent to indulge in fierce back biting of a certain X .And then very diligently include X for all their socializing stuff. Certainly , there really is no particular age , at which you cannot say "grow up!"
Now for some other updates..
We had a nice little get together at my place last weekend , much delayed but finally there. And with all the stories/adventures these folks went through to locate my place , with no power in the locality adding to it , it was memorable for sure. With some people trying hard to look for a lemon yellow color flat in all darkness to another one landing opposite a park after following the almost certain directions ... :)
Pooja , we missed you !I wish this had happened when you were here ..

2 comments:

Shweta said...

I told you Lips... stay in Bangy!!!!

Anushree said...

knock knock...time for a new post!