Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Namma Mane

Namma Mane ... when I moved in here sometime in May 06 with Anu and Shweta , had never thought this is one place that I would get so attached to , that I will actually miss so much when it is time to leave :) For almost 3 years , coming back from office was coming back to a place so much like home , not a PG or just another 3bhk with 3 inmates. Still remember when me and anu and sheweta had got all colourful curtains , blues and oranges ... that brightened up the flat so much ! When Ankit and co occupied the 1st floor flat and Shilpa moved in next door and it was like college days again ! All those weekend cooking experiments , Basa amma handling , war with the cockroaches , woken up in the middle of the night with some weird processions that left us all fuming and raging , mid night b'day celebrations, barrista outings , default jumping-over-the-gate ... the memories are too many to narrate here..
I shifted from 201 to 202 , made newer friends Rahul and Pooja who I hardly knew in college, and always knew someone was always there , in case I needed , even if it was just to chat and share how the day was. Really missed Shivku when he moved to Koramangla , but he has always been a pseudo namma mane inmate since then !
And Ashu and now the latest entry in the family, the tiny one... while walking back home at the end of the day , i would always hope that the kids are somewhere around so that I can just baby chat and play a bit and get all geared up for the evening :)
For the 3 of us that moved in here first , some how each of us left or will be leaving the place hopeful of loads of dreams , Shweta with her much expected MBA admit and Anu as Mrs.Mrutyu :) And now , with Rahul , just married and off to Oxford and Gattu settling down with mrs.gattu .. and yes , me along similar lines :) , it feels right. And i know Shilpa and Ankit will also leave the place in a bit to pursue their dreams .
Yet , there is this tinge of sadness that Namma Mane will cease to be home for a lot of us in the new few months.. me pooja gattu , rahul..and I guess ankit and shilpa will also be moving out. Reminded of Monica's 'this is like the end of an era' from Friends. And i think it is. But I am just hoping it is the beginning of newer bonds , responsibilities and roles in life and that the attachment with Namma Mane and folks out there, is never lost. May be less frequent Barrista outings , or with couple of people missing , some new entries , not everyone attending a midnight b'day party... but still .. Namma Mane for me will always remain that special place where I made the best of friends in Bangalore and where I felt completely at home for 3 years ..
I know I will miss it :(

5 comments:

Rahul said...

Ohh.. a psenti post.. no, I don't wanna get into that mode abhi!! But its true.. there are so many Namma Mane memories that couldn't have happened anywhere else.. at least abhi toh aisa hi lagta hai.. the latest one of course is this (also paraphrased on Facebook):

I came back after getting married and entered my room.. and thanks to some b'day celebration leftovers, right in front was your name plastered in bold with heart shaped balloons around it!!!

Anushree said...

I am all emotional now....very touching post lipi. Although I havent been in namma mane for a long time, I can say these were one of the more beautiful times I spent in bangalore. And as u said its like an end of an era. I have no doubt a person as sweet as you will find happiness and success whereever you are, in whatever you do.
Wishing you the very best :)

Euphoria! said...

I have just 3 words to say...
Will Miss You!!!!!! :-(

shivku said...

Touchy. Missing you Lipi. But like you said, there are greater memories waiting to be made. And we will all try to be around to share them. Cheers!

Shweta said...

Lips.. miss those days so much. It was really like home! Coming from office and experimenting with cooking.. so many memories in that place. Miss those beautiful days and miss all of you!!